Friday, September 12, 2014

Pantene Ultimate 10

BzzAgent.com has graced me with a free product yet again (once a year lol).
I got a Pantene Ultimate 10 package (shampoo, conditioner, BB creme) and as happy as I am that I even got it, I was disappointed with the performance (bummer since I love P&G products and Pantene is usually better than this).

Before Using Pantene
After Using Pantene

I brushed my hair so it was tangle free before using the products (I didn't know they came yet, so I couldn't test out detangling, which may be a good thing as my hair probably would've been worse). So I brushed my hair and it was nice and tangle free, which is how I knew the shampoo & conditioner did something unnerving. I read a review before that this happened to someone else but I dismissed it.
Hair loss.
Yes this has only happened to me one other time, when I used that Clear shampoo & conditioner when it first came out. So I was quite irked when it happened with Pantene (it has never, ever done this to me before, in fact other than the Clear products, and the Aussie shampoo, I have never had something do this to me).
After using the shampoo & conditioner I lost about a handful of hair in the shower, which I tried to dismiss.
Then after brushing my hair, I lost ANOTHER handful. So that's when I knew I will not be giving this product a 2nd chance.


Shampoo:
The shampoo was very foamy and didn't feel like it was helping smooth my hair. There's not much to say about it other than it dried my hair out a bit.

Conditioner:
Let's go down the list Pantene claims its products can do:

1. Repair rough hair - My hair wasn't rough before, but this caused it to become rough and dry so, No?
2. Strength against damage - I don't think I would know that. But I do know it caused damage (hair loss)
3. Silky Softness - No silky softness, believe I know silky softness (my current conditioner does it right)
4. Brilliant Shine - No brilliant shine here
5. Smoothing - No it felt rough and dried out, it only got better after brushing it out.
6. Moisture - It felt like it sucked all the moisture out of my hair, it did not add to it.
7. Frizz Control - I...am not sure. It was more tame after I brushed it out.
8. Tamed Fly-Aways - Still had fly-aways, probably because it was drying.
9. Manageability - It was a spiral of dry hair, so I suppose so?
10. Detangling - I brushed my hair before washing so I do not know if it is detangling, though I highly doubt it

BB Creme:
In all honesty, I have no idea if this did anything. But it did help make my hair a bit softer after the not so successful shampoo&conditioner, and have a bit of shine to it. It did not tame the fly-aways on the top of my head. I do think this was the most successful product of them all however.

This is a picture of after I used the BB creme 

For me Pantene Ultimate 10 is a throw away. The shampoo & conditioner is a D, and the BB creme is a B-
Remember this is just my experience, these products could be a great fit for your hair.

*I received these products free from BzzAgent


No comments:

Post a Comment